Friday, February 22, 2008

Five Random Things About Me

My buddy Ruth Barshaw tagged me in this fun game. I SHOULD be working, (transmitting TWO Kidsville issues today, 48 pages total) and another one tomorrow. But it's perfect because I need a distraction!

1. In high school, I won 2nd place in a statewide poster contest. Got to go to a luncheon with the governor and everything!

2. I have pet issues (as all my books and manuscripts can attest) for a good reason. Over the years, besides the usual dogs, cats, birds, guinea pigs, fish and turtles, my family also had, at various times:
-- an iguana
--a squirrel
--and a raccoon who lived in a closet on the 2nd floor. My father altered the ceiling below with a conveniently placed hole so the raccoon could hang down and wave at you.

Really.

3. Because of the various ages of the many foster children raised by my parents over the years, I can count myself as fitting into every birth order category.

4. I am a navy brat.

5. In the first play I ever did in my life, (Arsenic and Old Lace), I was cast opposite a man named Tim, who played my fiance'. About 6 or 7 years later, I married his brother. But the guy who reviewed the play continues to believe, despite being corrected every time I've seen in the past 20 years, that I married Tim.

Okay, my turn to tag someone else! I tag:

1. Mel Black of Melsplace
2. Marcie Atkins of World of Words
3. Sara Lewis Holmes of Read Write Believe
4. Sandy Alonzo on her cool MySpace page
and last but DEFINITELY not least...
5. Becky Hall at Outside of a Dog

Your turn, guys!!

Kim

4 comments:

Sara said...

Hey, there. I did a post recently on SEVEN things about me. Does that count?

I love the story about meeting your husband and the guy who still thinks you married his brother. Too funny.

Kim Bookwriter said...

Yes, definitely counts! I love these little things. Such great microcosmic stories in each one. Thanks for sharing yours, Sara. Looking forward to hanging with you in just a few weeks!

Kim

Marcie Flinchum Atkins said...

Okay, I'm in. Here's mine. Thanks for taggin me! :0
http://marcieaf.blogspot.com/2008/02/5-random-things-about-me.html

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim: Thanks for the tag. Your five things are fun!