Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hi kimnorman!


I was telling my friend Sara today about an odd phenomenon I've noticed since doing some school visits in my own town -- where I'm likely to encounter the children again. When they see me elsewhere, (even if they already knew me as Mrs. Norman from church, say) suddenly I'm their best friend: "Hi Kimnorman!" The name comes out like one word.

This has happened 3 or 4 times now. Very odd. "Hey, aren't you kimnorman?" "Hey, Mom! It's kimnorman!" (The moms, many of whom already me as Kim Norman -- two words -- are always mightily impressed, let me tell you.)

Just wondering if other authors have experienced that after an appearance.

By the way, if you're curious about the above photo, she's one of my Evil Inner Editors. View the rest of them here.

And don't forget to listen to my hilarious new song featuring an overworked editor and a pushy writer on my podcast, The Kimmy Awards.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Kim, love your interview over at Alice's CWIM blog. Your personality and energy and love of kids and performing definitely comes across. And YES to pitching yourself as a presenter!